A message from Rick Hoskin - Engagement Roadshow
18 June 2012
The RNZFB Board of Directors are keen to ensure that there is a real opportunity for all interested parties to help us work out how the RNZFB can best engage and communicate with its community.
To achieve this we intend to undertake a series of meetings around the country beginning in late June. At these meetings we are encouraging anyone with a vested interest in the RNZFB, whether you’re a member, the family of a member, a volunteer, part of a Community Committee or a Consumer Group, to come along and have your say.
This is a chance for a really good discussion around the topic of good communication and engagement. This conversation will be around two key questions:
- What is good engagement and what does it look like? and
- What are the indicators that will tell us if we are engaging effectively?
The meetings will be held in the following areas on the dates below. Venues will be advised.
- Thursday 28 June - Auckland
- Thursday 12 July - Rotorua
- Friday 13 July - Hamilton
- Monday 16 July - Whangarei
- Tuesday 17 July - Napier
- Wednesday 18 July - Nelson
- Thursday 19 July - Greymouth
- Friday 20 July - Christchurch
- Wednesday 25 July - New Plymouth
- Thursday 26 July – Palmerston North
- Friday 27 July - Wellington
- Monday 30 July - Timaru
- Tuesday 31 July - Dunedin
- Wednesday 1 August -Invercargill
- Tuesday 7 August - Auckland
Most of the meetings will begin at 10am, with a coffee/tea on arrival. A light lunch will be provided at the conclusion of the meeting, at approximately 12.30pm. However, the Timaru meeting (30 July) will begin at 12.30pm, starting with a light lunch. The Invercargill meeting (1 August) will start at 10:30am, and the Auckland meeting (7 August) will be an evening session starting at 5.30pm with a light meal.
If you are interested in attending, please RSVP with your full name and the names of those who will be attending to Roadshow@rnzfb.org.nz letting us know which meeting you will be attending. This information is important for catering purposes.
For any further information, please call Lyn Burns on 09 355 6929 or 0800 24 33 33 and ask for Lyn.
Some assistance for transport may be available in some centres, so please advise Lyn when you RSVP if you are having difficulty making plans to attend.
For those who would like to participate, but cannot attend any of the meetings, we may host a teleconference. Please contact Lyn if this is the case, and then we can liaise directly with you to provide details.