Our Library offers a variety of fiction and non-fiction audio books, braille books, audio magazines and electronic texts (e-texts) to adult members around the country. We have approximately 8,000 DAISY audio books, 4,500 braille titles, and 40 audio magazines. We also provide access to information in a variety of accessible formats.
We provide library services to members and clients across the country, through a door-to-door mailbox service, as well as by email and direct download. More than 50,000 items are issued each month.
We also provide access to information in a variety of accessible formats.
Members also have access to about 40 audio magazines, such as Time, New Zealand Woman's Weekly, National Geographic and National Business Review.
Discover the range of books available
- Available books and requesting/borrowing information.
- Browse the online library catalogue.
- New books and book reviews.
- Book genres.
- Other sources of accessible books.
- Homai Special Formats Library - library services for children and young adults.
Find out more about the library
- Learn the history of the Library.
- Library contact details.
- Read our eligibility for Library services page to see if you might be able to access these services.
- Cassette to Digital project: Read the latest update on the programme for making the RNZFB Library a state of the art digital service.
- Read the instructions on how to use the new DAISY digital player.
- Read the instructions on how to search the catalogue.
- Read the instructions for searching the catalogue using JAWS.